How To Replace Gaslight Mantles
1.Turn off the gas supply to your lamp and allow it to cool.
2. Remove all glass panes from the light to clean them.
3. Remove old mantle rings from burner tips by gently lifting the ring 1/4 turn and lower.
4. Carefully remove each mantle from the package.
5. Insert the ceramic ring onto each burner nozzle & gently twist and turn to lock into place.
6. Gently pull down the mantle fabric for proper shaping.
7. Replace all but one of the glass panes back into the light.
8. Pre-burn the mantles by lighting them WITH THE GAS STILL TURNED OFF.
9. BE CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH THE MANTLES AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN BURNED! THEY ARE NOW VERY FRAGILE.
10. Wait 2 minutes then turn on the gas and immediately relight the mantles.
11. Replace the last pane of glass into the light head.
12. Mantles will shape-up completely (auto form) in a few hours. It is normal for the mantles to perhaps be slightly different from one another, turn black and produce a lot of smoke at first..
Notice-the #1 cause of Early Mantle Failure is vibration. Lawn mowers, weed eaters or even people bumping into the pole can greatly reduce the life of your mantles. Don't be a victim of EMF!